November 6 – All Silence Day
Today, the final day of 13 Liminal Nights, we Enter the Hypogeum in Silence. The Silence symbol quite literally means silence, so be quiet, and LISTEN.
The entrance to the Hypogeum can only be opened (by a human entity) in an ‘in-between state’: dusk, dawn, half-way between sleep and wakefulness, etc. (The denizens of the Hypogeum can open it from either side according to their own rules (we don’t get to know them).) On All-Silence Day, we enter the Hypogeum as we’re drifting off to sleep. Tomorrow, when we’ve emerged from our celebration, we will share the stories, myths, visions, or experiences we found therein.
To enter the Hypogeum:
- In an in-between state, visualize an opening to a ‘dark place.’ Could be a cave, could be a temple, could be a closet, could be a ‘fairy house’ or a ‘mall fountain’– whatever ‘entrance’ works for you.
- Listen closely until you start hearing a faint ringing noise within. The noise will become a two-syllable ‘word.’
- Repeat that word in your head. It may not mean anything, but keep repeating over and over.
- As you repeat the word, maybe you will drift into the darkness of your place. We call this the Hypogeum.
- A series of colors will appear.
- Remember that word and that series of color: they are your ‘key’ to the Hypogeum. They’re yours, and yours alone. They won’t work for anyone else. “The door to the Hypogeum will open for everyone, but each of us needs our own Key.”
- Drift into the Hypogeum and see what happens next. What do you see there? What bubbles up? Pay attention and report your findings tomorrow using the hashtag #13LiminalNights!
For more on 13 Liminal Nights, Click Here.