We’re coming up on our one year anniversary and love where this Liminal Map has brought us. We now have over 200 weird, unusual, paranormal, and fascinating stories on our crowd-sourced map of uncanny encounters, and a road-map for what we want to do next. Here’s where we share it with you.
First, we listed what we love about this project:
- We love cracking jokes (at Bigfoot’s expense) on social media. We try not to take ourselves too seriously, but we don’t fuck with leprechaun traps. Murder stuff is boring.
- We love gathering your stories, maintaining the map, doing research into people & places, making connections, and sharing all of it with the world.
- We love glue-sticking together zines of troll sightings in Kitsap County and then bugging the lady at the Bremerton Winco into making 200 copies for us on their one dying copy machine because the copies are there only five cents!!! (Hot Tip)
- We love thinking about new ways to explore the mysterious worlds around us without having to buy in on out-of-reach technology (field recorders, high tech cameras, k2 meters).
- We love our animistic approach to the Liminal, where flies and rocks and spoons have ghosts.
- We love going on adventures and throwing sticks off into the woods to scare one another (“AH! What was that!”)
And so we decided: we want to be able to keep doing these things and sharing them with the world, and we want to develop this new way of approaching the liminality. And we want to do it with you.
We want you to join our underground paranormal society.
We’ve been looking at our Patreon and our long-term goals and we’ve figured out how we can grow this while putting all our energy into the things we’ve discovered we love doing. That’s why we’ve completely retooled ourPatreon rewards and made it that much easier for you to join us!
Check out the new reward tiers on our Patreon. We’re sure you’ll find something you like.
Here’s what we’re looking to do:
We still want to raise at least $300 a month so that we can:
- Make quarterly zines on a wide range of strange topics!
- Develop fun home-made liminal tools like pendulums, dowsing rods, and potions for our patrons (Jeremy is a world class forager. Ask him which plant smells like cat pee! He’d be happy to tell you!) (Ed. it’s the male of the Oso Berry (Oemleria cerasiformis) and this is super useful info.)
- Allow you to see our research as it develops in real-time (literally every day we’re working on uncovering new mysteries or following up on our favorite encounters. Just today we shared a new message with our supporters about someone involved with the Giant Shrimp in the Laundry Room!)
- and SO MUCH MORE!
This is just the beginning. We’re still working on storyboarding podcasts, thinking of opening a popup “Liminal” shop, and other things we can’t talk about.
So What Are You Waiting For?
A Basic Membership in The Society for Liminal Cartography is now One. Dollar. For just One Dollar, you’re in.
You’re one of us now
But if you give a little more, we’ll send you a t-shirt, zines, and other tangible goodies that we know you’ll love and that we’ll love making for you.
With your help we can all do so many weird and interesting things, and put them on maps. Will You Join Us?
Visit our Patreon at http://www.patreon.com/liminalmaps